View Single Post
(#58)
Old
MASTER PUA

Send a message via Skype™ to kowalski
Default 08-09-2017, 07:26 PM

You have my total respect, man.

I have such a yearning to do that.

3 whys that I need to address. 1. Whenever I plan I never group doing stand up in with the stuff I put deadlines and demands on. So it just sits there. 2. Sometimes I sit to write comedy or take a quick note of something funny, generally on reading it back I hate it (this has started to change recently as I've been writing a lot of fiction the past year). 3. I totally fear eating dick up there and know that is pretty much par for the course, everyone sucks in the beginning and even when they're accomplished they still have off nights (much like hitting on girls).

Now I also have an excuse; being here I would have to do it in Spanish.

Though, I remember there was an oriental kid that would go to the open mic in frog and bucket Manchester every week. His English was awful and he would get some laughs just for the absurdity of his whole thing. When you kept seeing him each week though it became hilarious.

I did improv a lot but with improv the audience know you are improvising and are almost always 100% on your side. They get that some things just won't work and others will.

Before leaving Manchester I started to make arrangements for a story night like the Ari Shafir This isn't happening shows because that would be like a halfway between improv and standup. You aren't improvising but neither is it standup. The audience are expecting great stories, well told, seasoned with laughs here and there.

I have no excuses just fears.

Peace,

kowalski

Like a stray bullet, you niggas misled
The Following User Says Thank You to kowalski For This Useful Post:
daleinthedark (10-09-2017)