Thread: after the open
View Single Post
(#12)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 26-10-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexcorp View Post
I don't know. I kind of feel as though it's something that 'practice' can't fix, which is what frustrates me. A bit like trying to learn the guitar via 'practice' without ever learning chord structures or something.
If you ask anyone who started off shit at this and got good, they'll tell you it's pretty much all practise. There's no equivalent to music theory or chord shapes here. What you're practising is basically self assurance and social acuity. That all autocorrects after enough hammering away at it.

Guitar isn't actually a bad analogy. I taught guitar for years, and regardless of how much theory or chord shapes or scales you know, the only real variable that makes a difference is consistent practise over time. Even then, for the first year you'll pretty much still suck even if you practise. Same deal with pickup. It's the people who can put up with sucking at it, and still consistently go out for a long period of time that get better. That's the rub.

Quote:
I can't tell you how unlikely it feels in my head that I will 'pull' someone again! lol

Having said that..

Quote:
And all of my friends (at least the ones who I go out with who aren't settled down with wives etc) are just as lame as me with girls which doesn't help as I imagine i'm maybe someone who could learn from seeing, but they don't care about pulling and have accepted their fate when it comes to girls. I haven't!
It couldn't hurt to actually find a few people with decent game to head out with, as hard as that often is. Where abouts you living?

Y'all think it's bougie, I'm like, it's fine
But I'm tryin' to give you a million dollars worth of game for $9.99

Last edited by Stein; 26-10-2016 at 08:43 PM.