View Single Post
(#3)
Old

Default Part 3 - 04-11-2009, 01:19 PM

THE APPROACH

Ok, here's the juicy bit. How it's actually done!

The girl is moving, so you need to stop her.

Jog past her (on either side), and as you do, turning to face her as you pass.
Make sure you have eye contact with her, so she can clearly see that your intention is to speak to her.
Make sure you EASE into her field of vision so you don't startle her.

Remember to smile!

If you look at my hands, you can see they are infront of me, and slightly to the sides, in a kind of 'PLEASE STOP' posture. This is a subtle thing that can sometimes make the difference between her stopping, and her walking past. I always do it.

A very important thing to point out here, is you HAVE to stop DIRECTLY infront of her. You need to give her room to stop - if you jump in too close, she's likely to continue straight past you. The faster she's moving, the more space you need to give her to stop. The reason you need to get directly infront of her, and not a bit to the side, is what it is communicating.

Charity people don't get right infront of you. They wouldn'd dare. Homeless people asking for change wouldn't presume to stop directly infront of you. Club promoters don't stop directly in front of you. You see they all EXPECT you to not want to talk to them.

You on the other hand, are a HIGH VALUE MAN. And you are about to make a girls day. So of course she's going to want to listen to you. So GET RIGHT INFRONT OF HER. BLOCK HER PATH. DO IT YOU PUSSY!!! hahaha

Ok, now what you say to her.

There are varying degree's of DIRECT... obviously going up to a girl and telling her you would love to fuck her would have less chance of success that telling a girl she 'caught you eye', so I would say it just comes down to personal preference. But I would recommend a spirit of adventure and experimentation. Try these ones out:

2) Hey you - I'm just on the way home... but I just saw you. I'd be kicking myself if I didn't come over and tell you *enter a sincere compliment here*. I'm Yosha.

3) Look at you - you look fucking incredible. I had to meet you.

4) Hey, sorry to bother you... er... I've just ran away from my friends... I saw you walk past and I had to meet you. Who the hell are you?!

I'd rather you not try and remember too many 'scripted openers'... the spirit of the opener should be IN THE MOMENT. I'd rather you use these ideas as templates for making your own up. And I want you to be honest with the compliments. Make them unique to the girl. And don't say "I like your dress. Say YOU look amazing in that dress. See the difference?

"My name's Yosha"

Now - the TRANSITION.

This is very important. So many people deliver their direct opener, then kind of wait for the girls responsee before they move on. Remember you want to communicate that you don't want her approval, your just the kind of man that isn't afraid to go for what he wants in life. You want to deliver your opener, then immediately transition into a conversation.

How do you do this? Ok, this is the part of the interaction that is going to mess up the most interactions. This is actually the hard part that takes the most practice. But if you follow my advice, and with enough practice, you should be fine.

When you first start doing this, you'll probably be bricking it, worrying about what you're gonna say after the opener. So you'll go in, say the opener, stand there for a few seconds, and they say something like "so what are you up to?". And that's fine. Well... it's not fine. It's shit. But I mean it's GOING TO HAPPEN to you. And it's just because you CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY. You've started this direct game journey, so congrats for having the balls to go up and do it. Now's where the real learning starts.

The more you approach, the more desensitised your become to approaching a girl and saying something direct. This is the first step; getting rid of your AA.

Eventually, you'll actually really start to enjoy it as the majority of responses will be full of smiles. You'll make their day, which is cool in-of-itself.

As you become less afraid of it, you'll start to become a bit more relaxed doing it. This is where it can start to get fun.

When you are scared of a given result, you using all of your mental capacities to try and find a way to avoid that result. In this case, you're scanning your mind for that 'next thing to say', for fear of that dreaded awquard pause.

I like to think of it like that scene in wallace and gromit (the one with the evil penguin) where grommit of on the train, frantically laying down rail-track infront of him so the train doesn't crash. So in relation to this, you're afraid your going to reach back and not be able to find a piece of track...... CRAASH!!!

The problem is, the mindset, the feeling of having to USE YOUR BRAIN to try and WORK OUT what to say, so the complete opposite thing you neeed to be doing. Infact, it's when you do this that you're MOST LIKELY to run out of things to say.

Instead, you have to be in the moment. You have to LET GO of everything you've ever learnt about pick-up.

Just relax.

Observe.

Take everything in.

LISTEN to everything she's saying.

EVERYTHING around you is a potential lead into a conversation, including yourself, and this crazy situation you've just put the both of you in.

Does she have an accent? Has she got shopping bags? Is she wearing anything that you like? Is she tall? Short? Did she smile when you approached? Does she seem friendly? Does she remind you of anyone? What's the weather like? Why did you approach her? Are you crazy? Is she crazy? Do you do this all the time? Does she get stopped all the time? Has she always lived in London? Why did she come to London?

All of that shouldn't come from your memory, but from THE MOMENT. And the only way to do that, is the be RELAXED and CALM. Your focus needs to be shifted from INWARDS to OUTWARDS.

Notice how close I am to her face. This was a direct approach, so don't be afraid to invade her personal space a bit.

Now just have a natural conversation with her. Get to know her. If your intention for the conversation is to find out about her, then you will naturall qualify her. Let her know about you - open up to her and she will open up to you.

But don't forget, this was a direct approach. Don't let her forget that. Throw in the occasional direct comment to keep the interaction spicey.