View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Self Defense vs Martial Arts vs Fighting - 22-03-2016, 05:12 PM

I was sat around day dreaming and wondering about something. What's everyone's opinions on martial arts and self-defense in a real world fight?

I don't mean a prepared one on one fight either. I mean in the general real world where most fights happen whilst drunk, outnumbered, in odd circumstances, or by surprise.

In my limited experience (This really is just a question of wonder) most self-defense is bullshit. I once saw a Paul Vunak video which wasn't too bad. Headbutts, elbows, eye gouge, groin kicks, cupped slaps to the ear, knees.

Martial arts all vary but in my experience there are just people who are fighters and people who aren't. The most a martial art can do is give someone a bit of skill and confidence into being a fighter.

I've dabbled in martial arts and I've never really met a pussy who was good at martial arts to be any good in a scrap. Every good fighter has always just been that; a fighter. They never attended a boxing/martial arts session in their life but could regularly drop people in one punch.

I've also met many people who spent their life training and attending lessons, even the more 'effective' martial arts who would get dominated in any fight or even in a play fight. This goes for MMA too. Most people who always get into fights when they're out (let's use that as the equivalent as a training session) are usually pretty fucking good at it.

The only thing I can see a martial art doing is giving you some confidence and technique to 'unleash' the fighter in you. I could never imagine a pussy having such good technique they could take out a pyscho who throws the first punch.

What's everyone else's opinions or experiences? This is just a random question, not a thesis or me debating.

Know Thyself.

Have fun.