(#244)
Old
MASTER PUA
Helicopter Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to daleinthedark
Default 27-10-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Stinson View Post
Finding work over the for a UK national is quite difficult now what with the laws and the $1000 6month process of validating a job for a non-Canadian national.
However, there's a working holiday visa option that's also possible but first and foremost I'd need somewhere to stay with the absolute guarantee of a job and salary for the month after.
If it were me - try the Experience Canada program. It's an open work permit (visa) for those aged 19-30 and you can work anywhere but in healthcare but can't study full-time (unless you're in Quebec learning French)

The only caveat is that you have to have the equivalent of $2500CAD in a bank account and health insurance when you cross the border (1300 GBP and 300 quid insurance - no pound sign lol).

As for work, within 2 days of being here I had a job at UPS and 2 weeks later a job at a call centre - it's pretty easy to find stuff. Toronto is better as it's easier and all English (but isn't very cultured/pretty), Ottawa has a higher cost of living but is nicer and Montreal has an outrageously low cost of living and you can get away never speaking French but it's a lot easier if you do. Come to Montreal next September and I'll give you a job to kick you off

In other news apparently I should be applying for a job at the Canadian Tourist Board....

Be desireless. Be awesome. Be gone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daleinthedark For This Useful Post:
Barney Stinson (27-10-2015), kowalski (27-10-2015)