View Single Post
(#53)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 12-09-2015, 09:36 AM

Just a small update on my job - during the week some management personnel came up to our office from Dublin.

Their visit was to give the newest teams here (about 50 people) a talk about the company's progress over the last few years in regards compliance & customer satisfaction; not in any way a talk about profits or anything selfish like that, nothing like that was mentioned.

The key theme about the talk was the opportunities that are available to us, the potential to grow with the company & move up - the 4 management themselves all began with a brief introduction about themselves & how they started just a few (3-5) years ago like us, on the phones, & the various roles they have been in leading up to where they are now.

They told us that since our office is new (1 year) & we are still building the workforce here, that we have the chance to really step up & take responsibility for its growth, to stamp our own mark on it...& move up at the same time.

They really value their employees, 100%.

This has given me such a boost, not that I needed one as I'm happy with my new job & the people I work with, but it's gotten me very excited knowing that I'll be getting promoted & stuff.

This isn't a world I ever imagined myself being in, but I'm more comfortable here than I've ever been anywhere else.

Also starting the training for ChildLine on Monday evening after work. I'm really excited about it too but I'm under no illusions - it's going to be emotionally challenging listening to kids telling me about their pain & troubles. But someone's gotta do it.

You can't win if you don't play

Last edited by dan300; 12-09-2015 at 09:38 AM.