View Single Post
(#45)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 17-07-2015, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
Agree with most of what you are saying, except the bit about the qualifications making you more equipped than another who doesn't have them. I don't have those qualifications but I'd bet on me over most people who do have those qualifications.

It makes you better equipped than you were before, but it says nothing about how you stack up to others who either have or don't have the qualifications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by top-hat View Post
Not everyone with a degree in business will succeed. You'll be certainly more equipped than most to know what you're doing. Business is in my opinion not a difficult degrees (not technical like a science). I'm not discrediting your course or you, in fact I know nothing about how well you are doing nor would I be able to tell you that you're on the right track(not being a millionaire myself). But do you have that drive, will you fall into/find the right business to make enough, will it be a business that will keep you happy through all the hurdles. You won't know until you've done it.
Yeah ok I agree, I think what I meant was more about my own knowledge than weighing it up against others..

If I hadn't done those courses - which I excelled in the enterprise one which was a level 2 course but got a call informing me that the awarding body had no choice but to award me level 3 as I did a much higher standard of work - then the thought of starting a business would be completely alien to me & I would probably laugh at the idea if someone proposed it.

However having done the courses & learning all the steps to starting up & maintaining it, as well as the financial stuff, I possess enough knowledge to enable me to take a chance on it if opportunity allows me.

There is a major e-cig chain called Kix (dunno if they're just here or if you have them over there too) who I would have thought dominated that particular market. However in this city I see smaller independent e-cig stores opening up. Just today I saw another one & bought a new barrel (or whatever it's called) out of it...

That's just an example of something I've noticed. People kicking up business off the back of larger, clearly successful franchises. I think that's quite clearly a risk because you'll worry about not being able to compete. But then again it's always a risk right?

I would prefer to do something unique, but not so unique it's rare & more of a luxury that people will get bored of or worse not even be interested in. But still something that stands out.

As a side note - A couple of my mates owned head shops back in 2009/10 & they kicked up quite a storm. Made a lot of money & got a lot of attention, from all angles - media, cops, politicians, gangsters, dealers, paramilitaries etc. One mate got his knee blasted with a shotgun, I got threatened by paramilitaries one day I was working..it was dangerously exciting.

Safe to say it didn't last forever.

You can't win if you don't play