View Single Post
(#40)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 15-07-2015, 12:12 PM

Each to their own; I just think it's very foolish not to plan for your future. As I said I started mine 11 years ago & even current projections show my income from age 65 onwards on a yearly basis isn't going to be that great, so as the years go on I try and put any additional spare money into it.

You say your not worried about what happens in 35 years time........then the time comes and you realise you have nothing to live on other than your state pension and you think "Oh fuck, why didn't I plan for this". I find it pretty alarming at age 30 you don't have anything put away already. If your planning to fund this by other means as well as live a decent normal life; you potentially need to be earning a 6 figure sum on a yearly basis. You have to think about the whole reason pensions exist in the first place.

One other small point, with no offence meant: Studying Business & Financial Management doesn't neccessarily give you the knowledge to start and run your own business; you get people with Masters degrees who are in the same boat. There's a big difference between the classroom and the real world.

As i said, each to their own, you've already made up your mind - was just something to point out.

Last edited by BroadswordWSJ; 15-07-2015 at 12:16 PM.