View Single Post
(#39)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 15-07-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadswordWSJ View Post
Without getting into a huge discussion on the ins & outs of it, IMO I would strongly recommend a pension. At 30 years old, how much is your current pension worth?

Currently worth £zero

&...

I started mine at 22 & 11 years later I'm already wary that its not currently worth enough.
Exactly.....what's the point sacrificing money that's more useful to me now than the absolutely dejecting & miserable idea of my pension when on top of said depressing thought you are even more depressed at the end when at the end you realize you've been saving half your life for fuck all. On top of that you're not even allowed it all in one go if what postscript said is true.

Myself & an old mate plan to put our heads together at some point within the next few years, ideally sooner but realistically we have many other commitments needing completed first for example my degree. He has dabbled in the practical side of business having toyed with some small mobile phone related ventures. Whereas I've studied business & financial management therefore possessing the knowledge to set up & run at least a small business... We have potential to make a good team. It's worth a punt, we just need to have the proper sit-down & come up with an idea, & likely about 2 or 3k each to put up.

That's why I'm not bothering about a pension fund. We might be successful & as a result be loaded with all the monies.

Saying the word pension out loud in any sentence that also involves my very distant future makes me want to kill myself.

"Realize deeply the present moment is all you ever have. Make the now the primary focus of your life" - Eckhart Tolle

Because fuck pensions

You can't win if you don't play