View Single Post
(#35)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 11-07-2015, 01:18 AM

Hey lads. As you'll know from a couple of posts ago I secured myself the best job I've ever had & I am genuinely super excited about it.

I received a preparation pack this morning in the post with all the details of the job & policies etc etc etc.

I don't have any issues really, in fact the package has made me more excited about starting work in this unfamiliar sector. However there is one thing I'm not 100% sure about...

One part of it is a pension plan. It is called the Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP+)

"Government legislation sets out minimum standards in terms of employees that are to be auto enrolled and the level of contributions that are to be paid..

..you will be automatically included in the pension plan from your first day of employment, unless your contract details otherwise."

It goes on to explain how it works blah blah (although I'm not clear) & the example it gives is that the 6% you personally contribute to your pension plan, from your gross salary, is matched by the company. Then after 5 years they increase it to 6% plus 3% added to my 6%. Then after 10 years 6% plus 6%.

Benefits such as a payout to a recipient of my choice should i die, of 7 times my salary, is included.

However, i am not interested in any of that kind of nonsense. I mean, I am 30 fucking years old - the last thing on my mind is how much retirement money I'll have in 35 years!!! Nor is dying anytime soon on my agenda.

I've worked out that my "contributions" would be just over £900 of my gross pay (which is pretty much coming from my take home pay) which I'm not willing to give up.

Does any of you know what this is all about or is it useful to me, aside from in 35 years when i reach pension age?

What if i leave the company sooner, even in 2 years for example, do i collect my contributions no hassle?

I don't like this idea & I want to opt out. Tell me stuff..

You can't win if you don't play