View Single Post
(#5)
Old

Default 05-07-2015, 09:58 AM

Lessons learned: it sounds obvious but I've found if I be sincere when chatting to people and don't put on a 'mask' of the fake you people are so much more responsive. I used to be afraid of what people would think of my personality in the past and try and be the person I thought people would respond to, louder, chav'y sounding etc and it was so superficial and probably obvious I wasnt comfortable in my skin, but tonight I was and just acted normally and chatted as if I was in my lounge with a coffee lol

The only thing I've consciously been doing recently is slowing the tempo of my speech down as I am notoriously a fast talker. I've also found Meditation is insanely powerful and make me relaxed and chilled out when in socially heavy environments later. Yesterday afternoon I spent 45 minutes in my lounge on sofa, not doing anything, ie, no fb on phone, telly, reading, just my thoughts. I need to do this more as there are so many screen distractions, getting away from them is a brilliant release valve.

I think Tyler says something about it feeling like 'my house' when out in a bar, and although slightly artificially created it did feel very comfortable and at home, I wish I had this every night, I know if it was just me and a mate in town I'd be much more stifled and reluctant to cold approach initially.

Despite last nights success I have a very long journey to go as i do fear the cold approach and have self confidence issues and give my power away to everyone. Last night was a temporary reprieve where I genuinly felt on form. I haven't done any day approaches since February so need to get back into it, I am trying to be more sociable in my day to day interactions though,ie, chatting to checkout girls more than bare minimum, engage new people at water cooler at work, small steps lol

Last edited by DaveM2015; 05-07-2015 at 10:21 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveM2015 For This Useful Post:
kowalski (11-10-2015), PostScript (05-07-2015)