View Single Post
(#4)
Old

Default 05-07-2015, 09:57 AM

Saturday night: bar crawl lay.

I went out last night on a 50 person organised bar crawl around town (with a Meetup.com group, surprisingly easy way of increasing social cicrcle and meeting new people).

I didn't know anyone there at first other than a couple of mates I brought along, one of them games a bit, but was keen to not rely on them as a safety net all night. When we got to the first pub a lot of people where split in groups talking, I got the impression some people arrived as solos and the girls mostly in 2s.

I felt quite stifled at first so in between chatting to my mates went for the 'low hanging fruit' of chatting to a few of the guys there more on the peripheral. It was great for building momentum of talking to new people. I then sat down at an empty chair in big mixed table and started chatting to the guy next to me then got a girl involved.

It's much easier talking to new people in this setting as every approach feels like a warm approach and you've instantly got a common ground.

At the next place I'm chatting to a lot of the different groups and it's going well, i realise I now have so much momentum talking to girls outside the group has virtually no anxiety which is good and feels fun.

I see my mate is chatting to 2 of the girls in our group, I join him and form a breakaway conversation with one of the girls, it turns out she's the organiser (late 20's) and seems fun. We're chatting for a bit and it feels like she's into me, after a bit I leave her chatting and I wonder to table I was at before and start speaking to the guys there again and to to make it seem I'm not too bothered about the girl. She joins me about 5 mins later and we're chatting a lot, I'm teasing her over some random dinosaur stickers she keeps putting on people.

Later, I grab a mate and do an approach and get into a good conversation with a couple of girls with sashes on a hen night, usual opening stuff I ask how they know hen etc it's weird I noticed how as long as you don't intentionally make it look like your chatting them up to impress anyone it helped amp attraction to the girl I was chatting to earlier.

I'm at the busy bar with the organiser, who'd been doing the rounds going round the groups and now came back to me, we're on our second round of cocktails together (she bought first round, I get this one), I'm doing a bit of kino, arms round waist etc, she puts her arm round my waist, we're still waiting for drinks to come back, I go in for kiss, she pulls back but is smiling and says not in front of everyone, which is cool. I carry on random chat.

Later we're on dance floor, more kino and we're snogging. Much later we're on terrace and I ask we're she lives and she does likewise I suggest we get cab to hers and then I'll go to mine. As we're walking to rank she says why don't I just stay at hers. Casually I agree, very good night.

Last edited by DaveM2015; 05-07-2015 at 10:18 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DaveM2015 For This Useful Post:
Kestrel (09-12-2015), kowalski (11-10-2015), markuk (05-07-2015), PostScript (05-07-2015)