View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Eckhart Tolle - A New Earth - 14-05-2015, 01:35 PM

Came across this recently, the follow up to Power Of Now.
I'd never heard of it so decided to give it a read.
Essentially it embellishes the Power Of Now, but lays down practical applications for real life, making for me the ideas and material seem more relevant.
As always read any self-help not as doctrine but with the intention of culling the pertinent bits for you.
There are places where Tolle veers into religious/source/energy territory extrapolating visions for society - I struggled to stay grounded during these parts whilst still understanding the general gist.

The fundamental thing I took from the book is how much easier life is when you are present.
It also became clear that although I thought I had understood 'The Power Of Now' when I read it a few years ago, the ideas hadn't really sunk in.

I can see that being present and letting life just 'be' will have profound implications for everything, job/career/women and enjoyment/attitude towards life generally.

Read if-

You enjoyed 'The Power Of Now' or Tolle's philosophy and writings

You've heard of Mindfulness, Being Present etc. and are looking for something practical to help you get the concepts with deeper material in there if you are ready.

Sugarspin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sugarspin For This Useful Post:
amit1207 (15-05-2015), markuk (27-05-2015)