View Single Post
(#3)
Old
New User

Default 25-08-2014, 04:12 PM

This was a week ago now.

Went on a date/met a woman I have been talking to via text for a month and a half. We have also talked on the phone a few times and it had been good, so it made sense to meet up. We had met through a dating site.

It was fun, we laughed a lot and the conversation was constant, we met in a cafe and then walked about and went to a park and had a picnic, where we chatted and listened to music.

I got the feeling she has a relationship in mind, whereas I just went to it as meeting someone I have been talking to and see what happens.

She talked about getting me new clothes and a haircut and getting me to the gym, which is very off putting, I don't like people trying to control or change me and would never let that happen. She is fun to hang out with though and attractive, I just get the vibe of a kind of master and apprentice thing, where she wants to control how I am and make me suitable for her.

We didn't kiss or anything, although she suggested we go into a service at an evangelical church and start making out in the middle of the service. Luckily there was no service on at the time, as I was not really up for that.

I feel like if anything were to happen it would be on her terms, with her in control and I don't think I am comfortable with or interested in that kind of relationship.

I am a massive over-thinker and there were things she said which mad alarm bells ring, such as her wanting a baby, also suggesting that if she were in a better position in life she would be meeting better people than me.

I wrote that just after the date and the next part today

I made it quite clear i want to be friends and just hang out, but in the week since she has been texting constantly, telling me she wants to cuddle with me, over sharing many things from her life. It feels like she is becoming attached. It's making even the prospect of being friends awkward and just having fun together is off the table as far as i'm concerned.

Not sure i even want to meet up again as it might give the wrong impression.

Does this happen to other guys a lot? How should i deal with it? Is it better to stop talking to her and not see her again?