View Single Post
(#14)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 29-07-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I think that all people should be able to create value where they can and where it pleases them to do so, or not if that pleases them not to do so, and that all people should be able to take what they need from everything that there is at any moment.

In a word - anarchy.
How do you reconcile that with moral concerns, say for example it pleases someone to steal?

Quote:
The thing I'm working on now is not to 'be authentic' but to 'be the change'. Just starting out... and I have a long way to go. 'Be authentic' is freeing and allows you to be happy as you and in time it moves you into a better place with better relationships. 'Be the change' is challenging, it is like 'be authentic' + 'be true to your ideals' (or sommets like that).
Yeah I like this, I think Gandhi said "be the change you want to see in the world" or something similar. Then again he only made one good movie and you never heard from him again

Quote:
You can be authentic and think that something is bad but also that you can't be fucked to do something about it because it isn't what you do or who you are or whatever.
Maybe it is just kind of not allowing silos of thought to exist. Not allowing areas of belief to be compartmentalised. So you are forced to reconcile how much you want various different things.
I guess I feel a bit like a religious scientist, who has deeply entrenched compartmentalisation of their religious beliefs from their scientific beliefs.
I always liked the idea of living by a code or guiding philosophy, actually weaving it in to your life, a modern day Bushido of some sort. I'm not surprised religious people live longer as it must give a sense of clarity that the rest of us lack.

Quote:
So starting to look at ways to be the change and this, the free lessons thing, is one of the first.
Actually I might do this myself too, could be interesting. Will post here how it goes.

Quote:
(I just typed that stream-of-consciousness style, it's the first time I've tried to put those feelings into words.)
That's cool, cheers.

"Civilise the mind, make savage the body"
The Following User Says Thank You to PostScript For This Useful Post:
kowalski (29-07-2014)