View Single Post
(#1)
Old
New User

Default Starting from nothing - 23-07-2014, 01:04 PM

I have decided to start a journal on here as I feel and hope it will encourage me to put in more effort and move forward with my life in every area, but especially with women and dating.

A little background; I have been single for a long time, pretty much my whole adult life. Have been shy in that time, also not the most sociable person, have recently realized I've never in my life approached a girl or asked one out, I have for some reason been waiting for them to approach me.

I have been on dating sites for years, got involved with a girl and had a relationship type thing, in every way apart from the fact we hadn't met. But we talked online and on the phone every day. It was a relationship without any of the good stuff. It lasted years and was not helpful. We have since met, but only after it was clear it would never be more than friends.

I am now not looking for anything long term but just want to date and share experiences with girls.

A few months ago I met a girl on a dating site and arranged to meet up, it turned out she was just here as a student and would be leaving after a few months, but we had a great time. It was really easy spending time with her. I wasn't sure exactly what it was from the beginning, whether she just saw it as friends or something more and I have never just kissed a girl out of no where. Anyway I never did kiss her, even though there were many times I felt I probably should have and could have, I felt I had left it so long the moment had passed and other excuses. So we saw each other quite a few more times and eventually she left.

I have taken many positives from it for example we touched a lot, including holding hands, hugging, lots of general body contact, a lot of which I instigated and we also laughed so much. We also spent the night together, sleeping in the same bed, which I had never done before (I feel I probably should have made a move, sometimes I feel a bit bad I didn't as she might have taken this as some sort of rejection) The whole experience with her has improved my confidence so much, I actually feel like girls could like me and that I am a great prospect for them to hang out and have a really great time with.

So that brings it up to now, I am still on dating sites and am talking to a few girls.

I'd really like to approach girls in public at some point, I have still never done this. Feel like the time to start with this may be close, as I have been tempted a few times recently by girls I've walked past and have had things to say on the tip of my tongue but just didn't.