View Single Post
(#103)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 16-07-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
I've wondered about this. I used to ask them out on the first text. That hasn't worked (except after I'd been on an instant date with her). Then I started doing a one-line text saying hi, nice meeting you at [place].

If you say hi nice meeting you you'd expect someone who remembered you to reply with 'hi nice meeting you too'. If you try too hard and say 'remember me, I was that guy?' I think it sounds too needy. Asking a question is less needy but it has a needy ring to it.

If they don't respond to the intial text(s) then there's nothing to lose and you can be provocative in the later one. That's what Mark did and I think it's a good approach to take. And it's worked in this case to get her responding. Well done Mark.

Next step..keep texts same length or shorter than hers and all geared towards getting her out. Don't get drawn into conversations and Q&A about your background and all that shit. That's for the date.

Keep the sexual vibe going but always always narrowing it down to the time and place you will meet her. And that should be asap.
I think the one thing that would benefit you enormously is to stop overthinking things.....the above is just ridiculous and there's so many shades of PUA advice and tricks contained in that.

It's just a text message......would you put this much effort and thought into the process of getting up and getting ready for work in the morning? If you did you'd still be at home thinking about it at 5pm!

Overall I think one good thing for you to focus on is to stop overthinking everything...stop looking at "I must do X if she says Y, and I better not do A or she might think B" - just let loose & do whatever. This should be an emotional process not a logical process driven one which I can sympathise with as its a habit I struggle with. If this is how your mind works & this is how deep down you drill into thinking about a text no wonder you struggle. I really do wonder how badly reading PUA material has affected you; you need to get that stuff straight out of your head.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BroadswordWSJ For This Useful Post:
amit1207 (16-07-2014), kowalski (16-07-2014), nova (16-07-2014), Stein (16-07-2014)