View Single Post
(#7)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 19-06-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
I think I relate to what you are saying. Was thinking about posting something like this a while back.

Like you, moving away from personal problems was once a strong motivator for me. But after achieving that, nothing much in life motivates me anymore, apart from proving people wrong in my chosen sport, and getting fitter. But that's only a hobby, not something I can build my life around. Drifting through life seems to be the subsequent result.

I hate my job, so I'm trying to pursue a career in a more altruistic field of work, so that I'm doing something more interesting; rewarding by make people's lives better, and would get a little more money from it. But I'm not getting much luck in getting that job. But in all honesty, that career change is not proving to be a strong enough motivator to give direction/drive/meaning to my life.

So I'm stumped as well, mate.
Yeah I relate to a lot of that.

I've thought about shifting to a more altruistic field too, but I think you need to feel inspired by the cause in question rather than just gravitating to anything altruistic in the hope that it provides meaning.

It's not that I'm unhappy, on paper my life is radically better. I've overcome depression, obesity, I used to feel intimidated by women now they are just a normal part of life.

It's more that I'm bored and feel like I'm coasting or something.

"Civilise the mind, make savage the body"