View Single Post
(#3)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 17-06-2014, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostScript View Post
I'm not talking about a song or video that pumps you up temporarily, I'm talking about how do guys on here a) find something that truly makes you feel emotionally driven to pursue , and b) how do you structure it practically and keep on track?

This whole area of psychology baffles me. I've achieved quite a bit mainly as a result of trying to move away from personal problems; I guess you could class that as negative motivation. But now that things are somewhat better I find myself confused as to what I am doing with my life and why.

People talk about finding out what your values are and weaving that into your goals, or the old cliches like doing what you love…all very well and good but I've got bills to pay!

I dunno, I'm rambling. What are your experiences with this?
What are your passions?
What is it that drives you?
What makes you happy?
What do you really want to do for a career, and how does that compare with what you currently do? How do you feel about your current job?

As daft it sounds, for me here are some pretty important things: ensure you have a proper sleep routine - go to bed early & rise early. If you need 8 hours sleep, make sure you get it. I don't do this - but go to a gym, work out & keep healthy. Think of the good things you've got going in your life & think of how things you are grateful for. I know these sound daft - but they are important.

It really depends; what exactly is it your looking for motivation with? Difficult to say as you haven't specified anything. No human is always motivated; motivation comes and goes.The important thing is to get it back again when it goes, not when you have it.