Thread: Dice Rants!
View Single Post
(#253)
Old
MASTER PUA
Space Invaders Champion, Typing Test Champion

Default 06-06-2014, 08:13 AM

This is less of a field report and more of a personal journey type of post, but still conducive to realisation of the social interactions.

So last night I was at one of Google's Local meetups, which is basically a load of people from around the city that know the area well and take part in Google's online review's system get treated to a gourmet meal with drinks and a social, shit like photo booths, live bands and stuff, awesome night.

I thought I would take a pair of Google Glass (something I've acquired from work) to help assist as conversation starter, which did, amazingly. Seriously I had every single person coming up to me asking how it works, what I did, if they could try it on etc. Of course I know it was just a bit of a gimmick, but it was still pretty cool.

There were a few girls there, and they were getting pretty drunk, and I was still sober, I had more than an opportunity by the end of the night but I was seriously enjoying myself chatting with everybody else to care, by contrast they actually bugged me. More of a social night than a pulling night, but I think its cool to be able to identify that I was more focussed on being myself and enjoying my night rather than focussing on chasing tail.

“A problem can not be solved from the same logical level it was created.”
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to D!ce For This Useful Post:
kowalski (06-06-2014), Serendipity (06-06-2014)