View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Default All advice welcome! - 26-05-2014, 10:03 AM

Hi everyone, very short field report from a night out last night.

I started the night with a friend and his girlfriend, just in the local witherspoons, it was pretty much empty other than a few groups of 40 somethings.

After they left for home I headed round to the local haunt thats open until the early hour, this was a little busier with a few 8's on the dance floor.
I got a drink and moved to a mixed group of people I already knew, mainly to gain a bit of social proof and not be the loner in the corner.

After about 10 minutes in the group I decided to really see who was out, its only a small venue, but it was heaving so very difficult to see individual groups.

While moving around the place I was approached by a 7 and a 6, the 7 was showing a lot of interest and made numerous comments on my shirt (it was by no means a peacocky shirt) after some escalating kino on her part and a few negs from myself (hey that'll cost you to touch hope you've brought your purse etc) she appeared very interested and i figured it would be the perfect opportunity to practice a bit of gaming with her.

I managed to isolate the 7 from her friend to a table in a quieter area of the bar, here I ran a very successful cube with her, she was impressed at how accurate a stranger was at knowing her!

The conversation never lapsed and things were going good, then her friend returned and put a halt to this, saying that she "wanted to dance" and that she wasn't going to be stood on her own. This is where I lost the upper hand and the 7 was removed across the bar.

While I'm not overly bothered about losing this girl I am looking for some advice on how I could have dealt better with the unhappy friend situation.

I returned to the group of friends I had seen originally and got into a dominant position at the bar to regain some social standing, but ultimately the scenario left me a bit frustrated with myself for not dealing with it better and I had no further successes.

Last edited by Chappers089; 26-05-2014 at 10:47 AM.