Thread: Meditation
View Single Post
(#54)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 13-04-2014, 11:37 PM

Went to this Sahaja Yoga Meditation class yesterday that's literally across the road from me.

The class was good. It would probably be worth the 2 hours a week, but I'm not sure I can go back even though I really want to do the course.

The reason is that at a couple of points during the class, we were guided to - with eyes closed - to perform either "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" or "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" or "hummmmmmmmmmm" 3 times, all together.

Before we even started I was giggling at the thought of sitting in a room of 10 people collectively going "hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

Then we started.

On the first one I thought it was really funny, & felt like bursting out laughing, but I thought of other things like having sex & dancing to take my mind off the fact that I was sitting in a room of 10 people who were going "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

As the session carried on though, it got harder each time. It got so difficult to hold back my laughter. Do you know that situation where you're really not supposed to laugh, but because you're not supposed to laugh, the urge to laugh becomes stronger? It was something like that. Multiplied by 10.

At the toughest point I had to grind my jaw & lips solid closed, with the consolation of my shaking head & scrunched up face being that everyone's eyes was closed so nobody could see that I was about to explode laughing.

I almost did explode laughing a couple of times but I covered it up by deep breathing. Then all I could think was how funny the situation was; me sat trying my hardest to focus on something other than laughing, which obviously inadvertertently makes you think of nothing but the thing you're trying not to do.

If I go back it's going to be so difficult not to explode in hysterics because I'll be anticipating those moments. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would be fucking hilarious.

You can't win if you don't play

Last edited by dan300; 13-04-2014 at 11:41 PM.