View Single Post
(#50)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 03-02-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecastle View Post
By the way I don't blindly follow everything that PUA gurus say. For example I found out from experience that somethings they say work badly in practice. Juggler for example tells guys to say something about a woman they are talking to is sexy in order to SOI, so that the woman knows you are interesting in her. But I lost a set saying this when I was talking to an American woman. I said one thing and she replied: "Oh that is nice". Then I remarked: "I like your accent it sounds sexy". And immediately she went on the defensive. So I think telling a woman she is sexy is a bit too heavy a way to SOI.

Another bad piece of advice is from Sasha where he runs up to a woman and says; "Don't panic I am not a robber, (or don't panic I am not crazy or anything) I just wanted to say you look amazing". On another forum a guy had a very bad reaction from using this line on a university campus.

Another bad piece of advice I find is the Yad stop. I find it rarely works on moving targets at all. It just doesn't seem to get 95 per cent of women to stop when I use it. And if they do stop they only stop for a few seconds most of the time. How he gets it to work is a mystery to me. I always find I can hook sets more easily if I open seated women by going indirect at first.
You sound very negative in your posts. That's probably the biggest obstacle you have - yourself. Ignore the first 2 paragraphs because they are one off ocurances. As for the Yad stop - look at Dan3000's field reports, he does itr left, right & centre & seems to be doing ok.
The Following User Says Thank You to BroadswordWSJ For This Useful Post:
nova (03-02-2014)