View Single Post
(#20)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 28-01-2014, 06:25 AM

I'm quite sceptical about the PUA industry. When I was in my mid-twenties I started getting really worried about the fact I hadn't started dating girls. I looked for help but there weren't any resources available at that time. I spent money on a dating agency. £500 I think it was, which was a lot of money to me at that time. It was a con. I got one date out of that which only lasted 5 mins before she left. It only served to knock the little confidence I had.

I'm sceptical because some unscrupulous people will prey on people who are vulnerable. But at the same time at least there are more resources available now that could help some people. Even if it's just pushing them to realise they can do something that they never thought they could do, like cold approaching.

Several years after the dating agency fiasco I still hadn't started dating but I tried cold approaching a few times in bars when I was drunk. Out of that I got a ONS with one girl and another one became my girlfriend for a while, I even moved in with her for a few weeks. I don't know why I didn't continue with the approaching. It might have helped if I had known someone at that time who would say "yes it's okay to do this, and keep doing it".

Some of the characters involved are a bit weird. I don't think we should be encouraging them by giving them money. If the bubble bursts it's probably a good thing. But I think there should be help for guys who are struggling. Even just being able to find like-minded people and a wing.

Can't live with them, can't live with them

Last edited by Serendipity; 28-01-2014 at 06:50 AM.