View Single Post
(#3)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 21-01-2014, 04:37 PM

Its a mix. When you first start a habit/hobby etc you need commitment, if its something you need to do versus something you want to do then commitment is the most important thing.

But if you want to get good you need motivation and that should be the primary thing for your habit (Gym, PU, Archery, Badger Baiting, Snooker) but there will be times when pure commitment is what you'll have to rely on.

I used to have this in the gym, guaranteed one day each week out of my five training sessions I would have to do pure commitment, "Im going because I have to not because I want to".

They are two sides of the same coin. You have to be motivated to be committed, and committed to be motivated. No one can be motivated but not really into something. Its a cruise versus blast.

They are interchangeable things you must have for any endeavor. In picking up, it could be half way through the night you lose interest, get tired and want to go home but its the final hour when you have the most chance of pulling.

Easier said than done innit.

Great post though, good reminder for me as I slip on the commitment part after I've dogged through the initial phase and rely on 'when I want to' for a lot of areas in my life haha.

Know Thyself.

Have fun.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shahanshah For This Useful Post:
Sugarspin (23-01-2014)