View Single Post
(#24)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 01-01-2014, 12:06 PM

Lol that guy in the video is called Moni Aizik. He's a compulsive bullshitter, isn't licensed by any Krav Maga association and ironically the only decent martial arts background the guy has is in Judo. He used to compete nationally in Judo competitions when he was younger or something. He tried to get around this by calling his system 'Commando Krav Maga' instead of 'Krav Maga' and has had tons of legal issues with different Krav Maga associations and and has got in trouble over false advertising several times. He is not representative of Krav Maga and that bullshit takedown defense has never been part of any Krav Maga association's syllabus.

commando krav maga sucks - the real story behind moni aizikBritish Krav Maga Association

The thing is that teaching martial arts isn't regulated, so you get bullshitters in all schools. I've seen Muay Thai instructors before who were bullshitters and had no business teaching, the same with MMA instructors, the same with more trad martial artists etc. Is that the fault of the system, or is it just instructors who are out of their depth and trying to make money?

A lot of the people I know who train with be are from grappling or boxing backgrounds. A lot of them use it as an add-on to what they already know. They tend to take to it easier because when you closely look at Krav you see that it's essentially a combination of boxing and wrestling with some illegal moves thrown in.

I think you guys have the wrong impression of Krav. I get that there are bullshitters out there, but if you spent a while a decent, qualified instructor I think you'd be surprised.

Y'all think it's bougie, I'm like, it's fine
But I'm tryin' to give you a million dollars worth of game for $9.99