View Single Post
(#23)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 31-12-2013, 08:30 PM

I get what your saying Stein and I'm sure that the Krav Maga you teach probably has some real world applications and your honest with the people you teach about its functionality and reliability in certain situations.

The problem is that Krav Maga seems to be such a martial art where charlatans are allowed to flaunt absolute bullshit and have it taken seriously like in the vid below.

For someone who practices Boxing, Thai, Judo, BJJ & MMA this shit never goes down because people who preach bullshit get found out very fucking fast. The martial arts I've just listed have been tried and tested in street and sporting environments and each one has proven its usefulness. I think because Krav has a reputation of being too deadly for sport or whatever, practitioners of it hide behind that veil and never really test out what they've learnt in all scenarios. It's all good and well holding your own sparring sessions with people who have been taught the same thing as you, but what happens against a good grappler or an awesome boxer?

I'm sure there are some really great proponents of Krav Maga who are able to handle themselves in a variety of situations. But from my experience I believe they are the exception rather than the rule.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phenom For This Useful Post:
Jaz (02-01-2014)