Thread: Overcoming Fear
View Single Post
(#3)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 13-11-2013, 06:33 AM

We should. Public speaking, even if they have no speech impediments, is something most people will avoid like the plague.

In primary school the teacher asked me to read a passage from a book to the class. Other people had already managed it. I was so overcome with self-consciousness I couldn't do it. I think from that point I went into my shell, not to emerge a for a long, long time.

In contrast, yesterday at work I had to walk into a room full of people I hadn't met before and give them a talk. I spoke confidently for 70 minutes including Q&A (no notes, no slides) and got a round of applause at the end.

This year I also managed to do a few direct approaches in the day time; something I never imagined I would ever do. In the Blueprint, Tyler talks about facing reality head on as the best way to melt away all the shit you've accumulated in your brain over the years about who you are and what you're capable of. Taking right action works. Regardless of outcomes, it will help your inner game and you'll notice the effect it has on your night game. One helps the other.

Can't live with them, can't live with them

Last edited by Serendipity; 13-11-2013 at 06:52 AM.