View Single Post
(#10)
Old

Send a message via Skype™ to Swordykins
Default 18-09-2013, 08:41 PM

Hi Dale

What I don't understand is where to draw the line. I've always thought pickup was an active thing, an activity you took part in. I watched an RSD video about "showing intent" and the guy was saying that you should show intent as you approach and not beat around the bush at all - an AFC walks up to a girl and is thinking about what he's going to do if she rejects him, who's going to see, what if she doesn't respond the way he plans etc and the result is the girl isn't interested because it's a half arsed attempt. The video teaches that you should just have in your mind "I like this girl. I'm going to game her." The girls would see that confidence and that intent and be attracted by that.

What I understand in what you're saying is that pickup is simply an extension of going out with some friends, meeting some people (girls and guys), talking about stuff and having a good time. (night game) The only difference is a PUA has that intuition to say "Hey, she's quite attractive. I want to have sex with her." and be able to "push" the social interaction to that end/lead the conversation whilst still having a good time and all importantly, not stressing, not getting emotionally invested prematurely and putting no "pressure" on yourself.

You've also said that you have to build your social confidence from the ground up so I guess this is why you've said I'm jumping in the deep end...

Right, so next time I go out, it's no pressure time. I should go out to have fun and meet new people. Girls are a bonus. Is this correct? What about what the RSD video said?