View Single Post
(#57)
Old
MASTER PUA
Bounce Back Champion

Default Scarcity - 20-08-2013, 08:06 PM

Going through a significant dry patch at the moment....somehow women have a sixth sense for this and, whilst they will talk to you, your sub-communications project an air of desperation.

This is not helped by going to various social functions (weddings, birthdays etc) and being at that age where there are few single women. And obviously your match-making friends will try to hook you up with the other singles.

An increasing number of friends keep suggesting I turn to online dating, and saying that I need to 'find someone'.

And the more they keep saying it, the more I want to simply build a good life for myself rather than with the aim of 'getting' someone (as if that person will complete the jigsaw).

Which brings me on to external validation. A man of scarcity clings to any good reaction; sometimes I try to pretend that I don't care, but I do. I realised this the other day, when I let myself be wound up by some bratty 20-something year olds in the bar.

So I want to work on myself (and I have stated this previously), but also feel the pressure of time as I see many of my friends settling down. However, kinda in relation to Jaz's thread, some are stuck in bad relationships but would rather do that than start again as a singleton.

In a week's time I will be moving into my own flat; for me, this is a massive step in the right direction. As one phase of the journey ends, another begins.

'I've never known a man worth his salt who, in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline.' - Vince Lombardi

'The secret of happiness is not discovered in the absence of trials, but in the midst of them' - Ted Nace
The Following User Says Thank You to SmileyK For This Useful Post:
markuk (20-08-2013)