Thread: Meditation
View Single Post
(#52)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 15-08-2013, 01:06 PM

there is no right or wrong way dude, whatever you find is clever will do.

I personally feel music is too emotive and causes me to bring up any associated memories or if the song/music has a clear narrative to it can carry my mind away with it.

for me meditation(zazen) is about being in the present in the moment, focusing on the now without intellectualising/hanging on any one element, but simpling opening my awareness to everything. So, I avoid things which can distract me from the universe around me, like music and that.

don't think of meditation "as trying not to think" that isn't a helpful way to understand it

from my previous post in this thread
Quote:
Don't resist the thoughts just let them wash over you, don't hold on to them or try and push them away. A good way to think about it is that you brain is like any other organ in you body like for example you salvia glands under your tongue but instead of pumping out salvia it pumps out thoughts. The key is not to get attached to the thoughts.
so in this vain a pro-tip in my opinion is not to meditate for anything other than just to meditate. just do it for itself as itself.

dont try to empty your thoughts just allow them to come and go, with enough practice the period of inner silence will grow longer and longer, so long as you don't try, its very cliched Zen but its cliche for a reason.

EDIT

Also this is only my personal preference lird, back to my first statement and find whatever is clever for you man, and stick to it

Last edited by Framejacker; 15-08-2013 at 01:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Framejacker For This Useful Post:
dan300 (15-08-2013)