Thread: Meditation
View Single Post
(#41)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 02-08-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry89 View Post
Can you recommend any websites on how to do this? Or give general advice on how to do it?
You may this helpful

Meditation | StoneWater Zen Centre

ppl may disagree with me here, but posture is quite important, Not so much your legs, it doesn't matter if you do it sitting on a chair, in lotus(full or half) or Burmese, the most important thing is you align your spine/back properly with you pelvis, helps if your knees are lower than your arse, I found this out the hard way, withOut good posture it hard to sit for a long time.

When you are sitting, I tend to count breaths (breath in, 1, breath out, 2 etc etc) up to 10 and restart again or when ever a thought pops into your head restart and keep focusing on counting your breaths.

Don't resist the thoughts just let them wash over you, don't hold on to them or try and push them away. A good way to think about it is that you brain is like any other organ in you body like for example you salvia glands under your tongue but instead of pumping out salvia it pumps out thoughts. The key is not to get attached to the thoughts.

When you first start it might be a struggle to get past one or two breaths before skull cinema kicks in, when it does it not a problem just let the thoughts flows out of you and restart.

There is an element of discipline, as it is, quite uncomfortable to just sit and do nothing, because we are conditioned to need constant stimulation but keep at it and enjoy the process/act of sitting and notice the inner calm that results
The Following User Says Thank You to Framejacker For This Useful Post:
Shahanshah (02-08-2013)