View Single Post
(#3)
Old
New User

Default 23-05-2013, 06:55 PM

Hi.

If you're looking for advice on anything bodybuilding/fitness wise then you should look no further than bodybuilding dot com. It's where I started and following a lot of the advice on there I dropped from 21st to 16st.

If you're looking to bulk up your muscles and improve your size, depending on how many days you can train will depend on the type of workouts you can do.

The groups of muscles to look to train are :-

Arms (Bicep and Tricep, your tricep makes up 70% of the size of your arm)

Shoulders

Chest

Back

Legs

Abs (although abs are as much to do with your overall body fat % as to do with how many situps you do.)

If you can train four days a week try the following:

Day 1 Chest, Triceps, Shoulders

This should be a HEAVY day by performing low reps with the heaviest weights you can manage you will create atrophy in the muscle causing it to tear which in turn will make it grow back stronger and thicker.

Bench Press 4 sets of 6 reps (4x6)

Use the heaviest weight you can manage. It has to be almost impossible for you to complete the sixth rep.

Incline Bench Press 4x6

Dumbell Flyes 4x6

Shoulders

Overhead Dumbell Press 4x6

Lateral Raise 4x6

Upright Row 4x6

Triceps

Skull Krushers 4x6

V-Bar Pushdown 4x6

Day 2 Biceps, Back and Legs. This should be a light day. You should perform 5 sets of 12-15 of about 60% of the most you can lift.

Back

(assisted) Pullup 5x12-15
Lat Pulldown 5x12-15
Single arm Row 5x12-15

Biceps

Barbell Curls 5x12-15
Incline Dumbell Curls 5x12-15

Legs

Leg Curls 5x12-15
Leg Ext 5x12-15
Squat 5x12-15
Calf Raise 5x12-15

Day 3

I use as a rest day but if you want you can do abs.

Day 4

Sames exercises as day 1 but do 5x12-15 oat 60% of weight.

Day 5

Same exercises as day 2 but do 4x6 at 100% of the weight you can complete the full exercise sets at.

For nutrition have a look at the bodybuilding website.

EDIT: Apologies for the bad text layout. Just post any questions if you cant follow my writing.

EDIT;EDIT: First post. Woohoo.