View Single Post
(#8)
Old
I don't know who I am anymore

Default 25-04-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by face View Post
to be fair twisted think you do a pretty good job considering the amount of indexed posts if you want to eliminate it completely
there's a slide captcha that's been out for a while that xrumer wont be able to solve.
also setting a captcha that is only visible to bot's using hidden html tag may work(if it get filled out marks as spam account at server and delete)
Will look into that.
A lot of captchas are solved these days by humans, then the bots take over.
I have heared about the hidden tags technique too, may throw some of these into the mix and see how they go.
We currently have about 4 measures in place to stop spam, including blocking half the world's countries from even accessing us. You can imagine how bad it would be if they were all turned off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Stinson View Post
This is a great idea.

I think the best way to go by this is to simply 'close' off the thread creating features and thread commenting features in all other topics apart from Introductions. Then after their first post, the Beginners pick-up topic can be opened up to them. Then after 5/10 posts all other forum topics can be opened up to them.

Sure fire way to filter out the spammers and keep the genuine members.
We actually do this to an extend. New members are restricted from lots of features. I'd hate to prevent them starting a thread just to stop spammers so it's a difficult decision. I might have to take that step though.