View Single Post
(#51)
Old
MASTER PUA
Bounce Back Champion

Default Lessons learned over the last few weeks - 08-04-2013, 04:57 PM

A few realisations:

1) The social 'filters' are being reduced.

In the last month or so I find myself filtering less of what I say, and just being more expressive. I feel more 'free' as a result and work colleagues, friends and family are noticing the difference. It has taken a while to understand what 'authenticity' means, and I am now beginning to get it. Leading on from this....

2) My current job is incompatible with the kind of lifestyle I want to have, and the kind of person I want to be.

This is an unexpected part of my journey; I am confident that things will work themselves out, but for the meantime I will need some advice (will start a separate post in off-topic)

3) Drinking vs. Not drinking

Seems to be coming up a bit in threads. My opinion - some nights I feel like drinking, some nights I don't feel like drinking. And that's probably the way it should be - do whatever you feel is right.

4) Looks

Over the last few weeks I've seen quite a few guys who will either (1) stand in the club 'modelling' for most of the night, or (2) think their looks will substitute for a personality (told to me by girls I have spoken to). If you are comfortable with yourself, girls will sense it. Leading to.....

5) Enjoyment

The more you talk to girls, the more I am amused by their mannerisms, the commonalities, and the things that make each of them unique.

There is a LONG way to go with all of this, but I feel like the foundations are becoming more and more solid. And that only comes through going out and taking action.

'I've never known a man worth his salt who, in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline.' - Vince Lombardi

'The secret of happiness is not discovered in the absence of trials, but in the midst of them' - Ted Nace
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmileyK For This Useful Post:
daleinthedark (08-04-2013), markuk (29-07-2013), nova (08-04-2013)