View Single Post
(#8)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 06-04-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Stinson View Post

a) opening (direct/in-direct, situational, etc..)
b) confidence (i.e. eye contact, body language)

If anyone knows of any courses or anything like that then please PM me. I'd be up for travelling to other cities and going out in other cities aswell.
are you sure you've listened to the blueprint?

In my experience, as far as confidence/body language is concerned, you already have the mannerisms of a cool guy inside you somewhere, but you may struggle to bring this out sometimes.

I was lucky to have found this forum and was able to go out with some cool people, which boosted my confidence. Things like eye contact and body language sort themselves out when you are in a relaxed and social state of mind (especially applies to newbies). The good news, even a beginner can sort out body language etc very quickly, by getting into "state". You do this by approaching everything that moves (before anyone thinks "i dont need to do this!", not everyone does need to be a approach machine - this applies to beginners, mostly)

So you need to just go and open. Yep, your body language may suck, you may stutter and feel uncomfortable. So what. Just open with "hi" and smile. Doesn't have to be a "clever opener". Openers don't get you laid. This is just a conversation starter, so dont worry.

Big rule when you're out, make sure you get to a point where you are relaxed and feeling good. This is probably 80% of your game.

I could write a 10,000 page e-book on all this, but i think you have enough info for now. Any specific questions please ask.