View Single Post
(#15)
Old

Default 28-03-2013, 05:07 PM

Nova
Your comment made me think about this in a whole new light. The 4 minutes wasn't really meant to be relevant as such, it was just meant to show that I'm not waiting hours of a reply. I see what you mean and I understand why I didn't think like that in the first place.
I've grown up with a family that has a "help others" mentality, so your approach of the situation is something similar to what I've been doing in quite a lot of cases but I also have bouts of "help others" mentality. I feel inclined because she's obviously in distress and that's going back to the "help others" mentality. Most of the time I'm quite the funny, talkative, ambitious kinda guy who doesn't really give 2 shit's about what anyone thinks. I'm also kinda judgemental; if I don't want to carry on the conversation with someone I'll know within the first 2 minutes.

Sapmi
I'm beginning to realise that all the books I've read are severely out of date when it comes to the approach the guys in the community have. Some of the contrast of differences totally confused me. It's almost gone back to old school; all about the experience. I'm also looking at Tyler's stuff but if I'm honest I haven't really had enough time to study his work's in depth.
Is there a newer, more up-to-date book that could be recommended?

***UPDATE***
So I decided that I wouldn't message her, kinda bold of me really because like 80% of me is saying to message her. I actually feel a bit of a dick about it; I am busy but I'm free tonight. Arrhh no biggy! I'm actually kinda interested to see if I'm right with the diagnosis, since it's pretty damn embarrassing for her.
She is always posting on Facebook but today; no posts. I've just looked at the email of her message and she says that she doesn't think she can go on her class trip and now her arms are fucked as well.
To me it doesn't feel like a waste of time, I just take it as learning. At the end of the day we aren't friends if we haven't met, were kinda like acquaintances.

1 thing: I'm considering replying to her tonight, I'm not really sure what you guys think about that... I didn't talk to her the whole of yesterday as almost a punishment for ignoring my message (maybe not the right thing to do but hey, no harm in a free day huh?) I'd be making her wait about 10ish hours for a reply.
My question: If a girl is controlling the conversation or attempting to control the conversation, would you just ignore her for a day or so (as D!ce suggested)? Why?

Thanks guys! May seem a bit obvious to you's but it's all learning for me..

Last edited by YNNAD; 28-03-2013 at 05:11 PM.