View Single Post
(#47)
Old
MASTER PUA
Bounce Back Champion

Default Sat 16th March - bad wingmanship, and breaking free - 17-03-2013, 08:50 PM

For the last couple of weeks me and my good friend, who is a natural, have been hitting up the bars and clubs on weekends. This weekend was no different, but the following events unfolded....

In the bar we were in, I saw 2 girls (1 Blonde, 1 Brunette) sitting by the wall taking pictures of themselves. As I was bored at this point, I decided to go over and make conversation (opening gambit: take pictures of me, I want to model for Top Man). Anyways, Brunette goes off to the bar so I am left with the Blondie. Both were pretty hot, and in conversation with Blondie she reveals that she is engaged - BUT her brunette friend is single. Apparently her friend also is picky and has 'high standards'. After a bit of talking I leave Blondie and go back to my friends. The Brunette then re-appears with the drinks and, having established she was single, I then go back and start talking to her.

The conversation is going well, or at least I thought it was, until she turns her back on me and starts talking to the friend. So I go back to my friends. About 30 minutes later she goes out for a cigarette, leaving the Blondie sat alone. I tell my wing to keep the Blondie occupied while I go and talk to the friend outside. I go outside, he have some conversation, and she then walks off AGAIN, I'm standing there thinking WTF?! Go back inside, go back to my friends thinking 'fuck that', then 10 mins later she is standing there by herself. Again I go over and re-open, I want to see what she has to say for herself. I tell her leaving me outside was bad manners, she immediately becomes very apologetic. OK, this may be going somewhere.

So now I am sat with the Brunette, and my wing is sat with the Blondie. Then, all of the sudden, the two girls swap so I end up talking to the Blondie again (who, remember, is engaged). My wing then starts GAMING the brunette....?

We leave to go to another club - me, my wing and the 2 girls - and in the next venue I end up occupying the friend while my wing works on the girls that I originally told him I was after. There are no other girls in this club, they are either too young or too ugly.

We leave at 4 to go and get food - I sit in the front of the car (my wing is driving), the 2 girls sit in the back. We stop at the burger shop. My wing isn't getting out of the car, neither is the brunette (who is still sat in the back). How convenient. Me and the Blondie go to get food, when I come back I find that the Brunette has taken my place at the front of the car.

To add further insult to injury, I then have to watch the Brunette give her number to my wing when as he is dropping them off home.

When we are on the way home he attempts to apologise for what happened, I just stay silent and do not say anything - was pretty cheesed off.

Out of this, 3 important lessons have been learned:

1) Scarcity mentality vs. Abundance mentality.

I am currently in a position of scarcity - with the exception of the holiday lay, there have been no new numbers for a while now. The reason for this can be attributed to number 2:

2) Playing it safe vs. Playing to win.

Yesterday made me realise that I still give a shit what the girl thinks. Considering I can only go out 2 nights a week, I am not pushing hard enough.

3) Always look for the positives.

I could have written off last night as a disaster, but it wasn't for the following reasons:
- starting to slowly, very slowly, break free of social conditioning. I would have never had the balls to approach that calibre of girl a couple of months ago;
- realizing the importance of having a good wing. My behaviour was chode, but I wasn't expecting to be AMOGed by my own friend!!

Looking forward to a night of GLORIOUS FAILURE next Friday....

'I've never known a man worth his salt who, in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline.' - Vince Lombardi

'The secret of happiness is not discovered in the absence of trials, but in the midst of them' - Ted Nace
The Following User Says Thank You to SmileyK For This Useful Post:
Jaz (17-03-2013)