View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default My Diet and Exercise plan, comments, tips and advice welcome. - 30-01-2013, 10:37 AM

My New Years resolution was to get lean and fit this year. Not by any stretch would I describe myself as 'fat' but I have been carrying some excess for a few years in the form of a 'beer belly' and a bit of a puffy face and jowels thanks largely to a diet of saturated fats, sugars, lots of carbs and an excess of Alcohol with no exercise to counter the calorie intake.

I am no expert in this field and would appreciate the advice of some of you more experienced guys. As of this month I have been eating/doing the following.

Breakfast

Weetabix, Bananna and Orange Juice.

Lunch

Smoked Salmon in granary bread, piece of fruit or
Tuna in granary bread with light mayo, piece of fruit

Dinner

Chicken breasts lightly seasoned, portion of veg, portion of wild/brown rice or
Salmon, portion of veg, portion of wild/brown rice

I allow myself one day off a week where I eat anything I like, usually a Sunday which will consist of a fry-up, followed by a Sunday roast.

Exercises

I run 2k on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays first thing as soon as I wake up. 2k doesn't sound like a lot, I started out on 1.5k and that nearly killed me so i've improved sightly. I've never had a great level of natural fitness. My aim is to be able to comfortably run 4k comfortably on those set days.

I currently do 30 Push-ups and 30 Ab crunches (divided into 3 sets each) 3 days a week, will progress to 40 next week.

This may all seem rather modest to many of you more advanced guys but I am just starting out and have not been used to an exercise/diet regime before.

Some of my friends have noticed I look slimmer in the face already, and I'd agree but im not noticing much changes to my beer belly as yet. Would you guys agree that my above plan should lead to weight-loss or is there anything else you feel I should add or omit?

All advice, tips, drill-sergeant yelling is welcome. Thanks.

It was fear of myself that made me odd