Thread: Bulk Cycle
View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default Bulk Cycle - 02-12-2012, 01:07 PM

Decided to start a bulk cycle and thought I'd start a semi-journal on here for it.

My stats are:

Height: 5 6'
Weight: 12 stone/75/76kg (havent checked in a few weeks, so i'll probably edit this by tomorrow)
BF: 10% according to those Boots in-store scales but i know they're not accurate.

Background:

Been training since i was like 15 but always been on and off. Diet has always been appauling

Entered a BDFPA deadlifting competition 2 years back after 3 months of deadlifting training and got 170kg/ unequipped and no belt.

Anyway last year in university I was 100% unmotivated but i made myself turn up, I've usually trained alone, and then during the summer I got 2 training partners and really lit a fire in me. It got me competitive too.

Now im training alone again after the summer was over and I've been 100% consistent and training harder than ever with a decent diet. Its good!

So I thought I'd start a proper bulk/cut cycle

----------------------------------------------------------

My plan is to start off with roughly 4000kcal through clean foods; milk, rice, chicken, tuna, beans, pasta, sweet potatoes, potatoes and bread.

Training I'll go harder than ever with more volume as I've always been pretty good on intensity with weight.

Supplement wise just protein shakes really maybe a weight gainer for when I up my calories more so.

Calorie and protein consumption will be guestimates with the occasional day where I properly count to check I'm on track. Ill round down though im my guesses.

Ill post up my work outs and general diet - good days/bad days etc.

My work outs are generally 4 weeks. Starting off not TOO heavy then progressing. Good cycle I've found, don't get bored, don't get stale and you get to have lots of fun with new workouts and find what's good for you.

GOALS:

I know this is a big amount but I want to put on a stone/14lb by May 1st of relatively lean muscle.

Squat 140kg - 8reps by Christmas.

Deadlift 220kg by end of january

BB Press 60kg by end of January

They're sorta "aim high" type goals to keep me in the right direction rather than "I must get them" type goals.

And i'll restart my field report journal too
The Following User Says Thank You to Shahanshah For This Useful Post:
Jaz (02-12-2012)