View Single Post
(#48)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 04-10-2012, 04:56 PM

As a guy who wasn't a natural and did have problems starting out, I can say with a fair bit of certainty that's not what Phil means. For a long time I would have agreed with you, but now I completely disagree. The time when this all really clicked for me was when I stopped giving a shit, started living my life without using other people's reactions to me (including sex) as some yardstick for my own personal worth, abandoned all these overly complicated ideas and started thinking for myself. Truly, honestly not caring about how I am with women made me far better with women than any PUA method ever did.

Since we're going with the 'you are enough' thing, you should think about all the things that it implies. Not just go off Alex's seminar, but actually think about it It means you are enough. In every situation. Period. And if it doesn't work out, why worry about it, you're enough anyway. If in every situation 'you are enough', then the idea of acting in any way other than being yourself is counterproductive, silly and...weird.

The whole PUA mindset is of some grandiose 'path to mastery' and it's the most unhelpful way to view it ever, like some never ending staircase where at the end of it you're banging 365 hot girls a year. Not only is that silly and undesirable, it constantly gets you thinking, 'ahh, if only I could get to the next level' and 'I'm not there yet', when a far better way to view it is 'there are no levels other my own illusory stumbling blocks' and 'I've always been there, and now I realise it'.

Remember that old Blueprint thing 'the self is always coming through'? The connotation of going out to get better is that you don't already view yourself as good enough. The way you act around girls, regardless of how you rationalise what you're doing and how much you think you're in conscious control of them, will reflect this. Especially if you're around a girl for a decent bit of time, that'll come across to her on some subtle (or unsubtle) level.

Y'all think it's bougie, I'm like, it's fine
But I'm tryin' to give you a million dollars worth of game for $9.99
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stein For This Useful Post:
amit1207 (04-10-2012), kowalski (04-10-2012), SmileyK (04-10-2012)