View Single Post
(#1)
Old
MASTER PUA
Helicopter Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to daleinthedark
Default Shooting Plenty of Fish in a barrell - 25-05-2012, 05:52 AM

I thought I'd post this as I'd never been successful with online dating recently and it's mainly been trial and error.

So here are daleinthedark's top tips for online dating:

1. Choose picture(s) well
Main Picture - It's the first and maybe the only thing she'll see. Keep your top on, looking good, well dressed and having fun. I personally went for a picture of me with a kids body board in a wetsuit on the beach.
Compliment it with pictures of you doing exciting hobbies/posing like a mac daddy

2. Writing your profile
After several years of being honest I went for a humourous approach and it works like fishing with dynamite. Borrow and amend where needed
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleinthedark
Well apparently I'm supposed to talk about me, my hobbies, interests etc. but everybody writes the same so lets start off by being frank...

I'm confident and spontaneous but also a nice guy. When I say nice guy I mean genuine and honest, not Mr Meek who apologizes for breathing too loudly. I make sure my friends and family are happy and that elderly neighbours have enough Werther's Originals! Sometimes I even let the odd car out at junctions...

I do stuff! Lots of stuff! Oh the stuff I do! Seriously my week is full of stuff which I keep new and interesting - Surf stuff, Running stuff and sometimes Baking stuff!

I also like listening to music when doing stuff; fast music or slow music. Sometimes I even do stuff to music.

Pretty much now you must be thinking, this guy likes music, does stuff and hooks the elderly up with their preferred choice of confectionary - what's the catch? Well I only have 1 stipulation - you must at least tolerate SpongeBob Squarepants and yes I do realise that you can't take a shower under the sea
Make sure your profile information suits your profile as well, I work in reprographics and print so my job becomes "Reprobait". Have fun with it...

3. The messages
Ok so online dating is a numbers game however if you don't personalize the message slightly you run the risk of not receiving any replies. So I insert 1 fun line from something i've seen on their profile and run with my usual message:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleinthedark
(witty line about girl's profile) ;o)

I would skip all the internet dating formalities and ask you out for a drink but, as you know, the internet can be a dangerous and murky place. So I have devised some carefully selected vetting questions to ensure my safety:
1. Which is bluer the ocean or the sky?
2. Peanut butter or strawberry jam?
3. Early mornings or late nights?
I put the first line as something like, You have an awesom hat, I can dance better than you... etc

Follow up you messages like you are a fun prize. Be playful but direct that you want to go for a drink with them.

So this may or may not work for you but it works perfectly for me. I have 2-3 new pof dates a week at the moment, whereas before I might get 1 a month.

Be desireless. Be awesome. Be gone

Last edited by daleinthedark; 25-05-2012 at 09:46 AM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to daleinthedark For This Useful Post:
amit1207 (25-05-2012), Casanova (21-11-2013), Cefai (08-10-2012), Groovy (06-01-2014), Hounddog (16-09-2013), Jamm (05-06-2012), kowalski (25-05-2012), Lovefish (13-05-2013), markuk (26-06-2012), nova (12-06-2012), Serendipity (04-01-2014), Voodoo (27-08-2013)