View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Default Underpatch has a relationship question. - 07-05-2012, 09:00 AM

Hi there.

I find myself in a odd situation. The last 7 months I have been in a good and stable relationship with a girl whom I love very much. Using her words I am the first guy she has even been out with that she could actually see having kids with. Or wanting to marry. Compared with her past relationships who where mostly her looking for the wrong type of guy. With things inevitably going wrong in the end.

Yesterday she took me to meet a person who is very important to her. A person who she considers to be her dad. Someone who has looked out for her as a daughter for many years. This to me seemed like a very big step.

So we had dinner. I was my typical lovable self. After the dinner when they where in private he mentioned to her that he liked me. Thought I was a really good guy and quite safe. He sounded to be quite pleased with me.

This how ever turned out to be the worst thing he could have said. The word "safe" triggered a negative response that she has been brooding over ever since. Once we got home we sat down and have a long talk.

It seems that everything that she has liked about me in the past has taken a back seat. The kids and the life she saw having with me that very morning has been eclipse by "safe". In the example she gave me. If I, for some reason, where to goto jail tomorrow. She would not marry me. Where as her last few boy friends she would have. Firstly it struck me as very odd that she would pick this kind of example. But I told her that if I was the kind of guy who would end up in jail I would think you would be right to leave me straight away.

It is very hard to make any sense of all of this. I love her and up until yesterday evening I was very sure she loved me. I honestly don't know what to do here. Please advice me.

Thank you.