(#6)
Old
MASTER PUA
Helicopter Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to daleinthedark
Default 22-12-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
Whenever I have to get serious about work it spills into me taking myself too seriously becoming very commanding and domineering to everyone in my life.

Is it something like this, as you mention you are in a new job with opportunity? Turning an opportunity into a reality often requires you to take yourself seriously.
Although that may be a part of it I take something too seriously, it's more of an intensity that I apply to menial and large tasks or problems that I really shouldn't.

I guess I'm just looking for something constant that when I reference myself against will make me stop arguing over trivial crap like car park spaces etc.

I think for me earlier in the year I had a great colleague who i worked alongside and although she appeared to be soft or weak, she just turned everything as a positive. I mean everything, if something went wrong it was something to learn or a modification on our processes that hadn't been thought of. I thought it would be Flanders style annoying but it was actually really motivating and relaxing and rubbed off on me where I can honestly say I was the most contented and least aggressive that I have ever been.

I found a great quote by Ghandi earlier when I was searching for bits and peices like this
"Be the change you want to see in the world"
I guess I have to start doing, pop some reminders as my wallpapers, maybe an appropriate wrist band that will keep me in check if I start to lose site of this "Zen" goal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
If it's that nagging sense that you were 'meant for something more/else', take a step back try and figure out exactly what that something more/else IS...and then drop all the other shit and just do it.
I think that could well be a part of it. Before I die I want to contribute something to the world, something beautiful that touches hearts, I just don't know how I can transfer my skills or passions as they are into a vessel that could acheive that (right now)

I also find work really easy, to the point where think I would be better suited in an R&D environment as opposed to support/production element. I like to press forward and develop, not just manage, increase efficiency, cut costs, blah blah blah as it's easy and I find very few areas that need innovative thinking to overcome problems

Be desireless. Be awesome. Be gone