Thread: To fight?
View Single Post
(#1)
Old

Default To fight? - 08-11-2011, 02:28 PM

So, I got started on by a fat knobend this weekend...

Here's the situation. I am sat at the bus station waiting for the bus, it's 11AM on a Sunday morning. Whilst I am minding my own business daydreaming, this fat angry guy waddles over from the pub and tells me to "stop fucking eyeballing him". I hadn't even noticed him before that, let alone starred at him, so I just completely ignore him.

He was seemingly drunk despite it being Sunday mid-morning, and under his breathe told me to fuck off whilst he wandered away into Coral, no doubt to blow what little money he had. Ten minutes pass and he comes out for a fag, I purposely avoid eye-contact as I dislike confrontation. But he's out for trouble and comes over again, gets right up in my face, swearing and provoking me.

It took alot, but I stayed cool and remained indifferent to his shit. He eventually gets bored of taunting me and goes back to the pub.
Now I'm not exactly the smallest guy either, 6ft and athletic build so I fancied my chances if it came to it, but I really hate fighting. He likely had nothing to lose, but I work in a customer facing industry and also a shiner isn't exactly attractive for the ladies. I'm willing to bet neither of us knew how to fight properly so we'd probably end up slugging each other a fair bit until one of us got hurt. This is in the town centre, there's CCTV and plenty of passers by.

Anyway to summarise, I tried not to let it affect me, but I can't help but feel like my pride got damaged and I should have just smacked him. On the bus ride home I felt angry with myself, disappointed that I did not step up and be a man. I know I probably did the smart thing, but I can't help but think that he bullied me and got away with it. I think if I had a girlfriend beside me or my mum then it would have ended in violence, but as it was just me I just sponged it up until he got bored and took the high ground.

What would you have done?