View Single Post
(#6)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 30-10-2011, 09:36 PM

Sincere thanks to all you guys, exactly what I needed to hear. My responses sort of bleed into each other so I’ll handle them with one big message instead of individually.

What I got from this mainly is that my focus on going out as much as possible (and having that as my main goal) is causing me to neglect other shit in my life. This strikes a chord instantly. Aside from this I’m a guitarist, a maths student, a producer and I do MMA. It’s always been sort of a balancing act, but as I got better at this I started neglecting all that shit pretty hard. For a while I was giving myself Sunday night off and every other night it was either a day 2 or going out. That’s both stupid and impossible if you want anything close to a normal life.

The weird thing is how addictive this shit can be. It’s understandable I guess, once you get it down you can just go out and get crazy amounts of validation from strangers out of nowhere. When you’ve been a bit of a chode most of your life that feels mental. It’s even weirder to me because I’m naturally an obsessive dude. As a music student I’d practise guitar 6 hours a day, I recently went to Thailand for 2 months and trained MMA for about the same amount of time per day. The thing is you can’t do that with pickup without your life exploding. This community can very easily make you love sight of your goals. I’m already past the kind of level I wanted to get to when I found out about this stuff. The whole pickup scene has this competitive vibe at times though like there’s some merit to pushing it to ridiculous levels.
It’s fairly obvious I need to get back to my other shit.

I think the whole thing this week has been my reaction to realising how little of a big deal picking up actually is when all is said and done. Been taking this far too serious. So yeah, still definitely going out when I want to but not at the expense of anything else anymore.

And by the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Most guys live and die as slaves to the one pussy they’ve managed to accidentally negotiate themselves some regular access to.
That's a hell of a quote.

Y'all think it's bougie, I'm like, it's fine
But I'm tryin' to give you a million dollars worth of game for $9.99