View Single Post
(#15)
Old
MASTER PUA
Starcastle Champion

Default 25-10-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Right sure. I get that Phil. But the way anyone chooses to represent a comical story about their OWN youth will tell others alot about how that person feels about it, how they have have processed and dealt with the events from that period in their lives and the extent to which they have (or haven't) developed any self awareness and insight since that time.

Someone who's NOT a bedwetter anymore isn't gonna a write a story about a bedwetter like Fogel scoring a bunch of highly improbable lucky breaks that ends with him getting laid...Maybe if it's funny or commerical no one cares if it's also bullshit. But I find myself wondering how many young blokes today buy this bullshit (from movies/tv) and go on to become very unhappy and unfullfilled men as a result?

It might all seem like jokey nonsense but there is more real and serious subtext to all this...
have u ever thought its just how they perceive funny.

For instance, im pretty sure the level of awkwardness i see in ricky gervais comedy does not reflect his personality.

infact he is uber confident & arrogant.

i think ur over thinking things. sometimes its funnier to go with once scenario than another. Had superbad been about a gang of cool kids who have girls chasing them coz they understand the dynamics of social etiquette...

it woulda been on the disney channel for 14 year old girls.

but adults understand the awkward nature of youth & boy girl relationships, this is who its aimed at, adults...

its that simple

* Insert Funny Tag Line *
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil For This Useful Post:
Joker (25-10-2011)