Thread: work stress
View Single Post
(#4)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 30-09-2011, 09:35 AM

I have to go out, but wanted to reply to reply briefly before I do.

I thought one or two of your recent posts seemed out of character for you, makes sense now. I don't know how bad it has got for you, but will offer what I have learned.

The short answer to your question is yes, I have been there. It crept up on me, snapping at people and not remembering it, eating crap to keep my state high enough, losing sleep. It made me quite ill last year. For me, I did everything myself because I felt those around me were incompetent, which is true, but it's not worth your health. I felt I had to control all the variables and that all kinds of other things hinged on the work stuff, making the load on my shoulders unbearable. I was also hideously competitive and money driven, trying to please all my clients even when they were being ridiculous, because it felt like everything hinged on every little thing.

Talk to people like the guys suggested above. Maybe get some therapy to work out what you do and why, so you can manage yourself like K suggested. Obviously, drop the stimulants from your diet, like caffeine, sugar and wheat, as being hyper and under stress are not good bed fellows.

This book is an interesting read: When the Body Says No: Exploring the Stress-Disease Connection: Amazon.co.uk: Gabor Mate: Books

Like I said, I don't know if this is a momentary blip (in which case my post may be a bit over the top for you, I just related to it) or maybe you are in too deep. Either way your body is talking to you so take it seriously fella.

PS

"Civilise the mind, make savage the body"