View Single Post
(#4)
Old
MASTER PUA

Default 15-09-2011, 06:22 PM

I'm final year business management and information systems at the moment. My top tips for busting a 1st are as follows:

Be a perfectionist with the simple things: spell check, proof reading, presentation (google this), referencing, proper labelling of graphs ect. It's easiest marks you can get, just takes a bit of time. I also always get my work bound properly, no matter what, unless specifically stated not to. It's psychological thing with it looking more professional, it subconsciously persuades it's of high standard or lots of time has been put into it.

Pester the fuck out of your tutors by email and in their contact time, ask them whatever you can get use from them, this is good for two reasons, one they can only say no/they can't answer that, but will usually try and help you/direct you, but secondly and more importantly you get a feel for the specific tutor is looking for (very important, marking is more subjective than you think) and they will more often than not recognise your work (always sign of with your real name) as the guy who was putting in a lot of effort to make sure everything is covered properly.

Read as much as you can, sooner rather than later and keep a notebook specifically for relevant quotes,with page numbers ect, saves so much time later on, even if you don't use half of them.

If you get group work, work with girls and be the project manager, for obvious PU reasons, but also because girls are generally more organised and less likely to leave everything to the last minute, leaving you sat in the library the night before hand in raging about the slack homos who are happy to get a shit grade.

I fucking hate personal development essays.I'm paying to learn about and improve my knowledge in Businsess Management not analyse why I'd like to improve working in a group as it be beneficial to my working career, or whatever other bullshit they expect us to write. The best way to get good marks is to completely bullshit your targets to meet their criteria and tie in shit loads of relevant sources.

Last edited by Breaker; 15-09-2011 at 06:26 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Breaker For This Useful Post: