View Single Post
(#4)
Old
MASTER PUA
Jason's Pong Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, Hexxagon Champion, Breakout Champion, Zookeeper Champion

Default 22-08-2011, 09:02 AM

Yes I do think you are being paranoid and you come across as a bit of an over think Al_phaD. Fortunately you are on a forum full of people like this (myself included)!

The age thing is probably a huge factor for two reasons.

1) You arrived as the baby and are still been treated as such.

2) If you are doing the same work as other people older than you, these people get insecure about themselves i.e. become jealous of you for doing the same as them much earlier in life. This is then taken out on you by undermining you so they can reassert their alphaness or whatever.

If it is the first. Jut accept it, keep doing a good job keep asking for bigger and better projects. If they don't give you bigger jobs ask why, I did that other one ok etc. I personally wouldn't bring the respect thing up with your boss. The respect should come through experience and actions a lot better than if you just ask for it through words.

I qualified in my field very early and got the second point a bit. I used to worry I was been undermined, but with time I see these comments for what they are and makes me laugh. It's no reflection on you being bad, just insecurities shining through from others.

Finally, I assume you won't be at this place for too long. It is only a job. If you find you don't enjoy it you can always move on to bigger and better things. Get what you can out of a job and move on. Always be moving forward, never be stagnent My MMA instructor said this about learning MMA this week. Quite good advice I thought. Should apply to as much things in possible in life I feel.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snake Eyes For This Useful Post: